Friday, November 9, 2012

Treehouse Fun and Dinner at Ole' Faithful

I had really been talking up The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.  I should have considered the fact that I was newly pregnant and very tired.  Belle loved it and nearly killed me by going through so many times.




As tired as I was, my heart was full because it's one of my favorite's, too.  I love that about Belle.  I know that if there is something that I adore there is a 99.9% chance she will feel the same.

Afterwards, we decided to meet up with our Disney sister, Emma, in Tommorowland for a spin or two on the Tommorowland Transit Authority.

Belle relaxed while Emma and I talked and enjoyed the ride.  The weather was warming up and it was starting to feel great.

Magic Kingdom had been insanely crowded all week and it was starting to fill up by that point.


We all stopped in the Main Street Bakery.  I bought a cinnamon roll and lunch for Gregg.

The parade was making it's way past so we stopped to dance a bit.  (Emma- I miss you so much!  We need a Disney dance party soon!)


Belle loved having her special ears.  The helped so much during parades and shows.


We spent the rest of the day resting.  Evie started her antibiotic and her fever was down.

That night we had plans to celebrate our anniversary at California Grill.  We ate there on our Honeymoon and have such fond memories, but with Evie being sick we had a tough decision to make.

Just for the record, here's our history with Cali Grill ressies-

-On our 'last adult' trip, we canceled because the Disney Dining Cast Member had double booked us at Cali Grill and The HoopDeeDoo Review.  We chose to spend the evening at the HDR.

-On Belle's first trip, we canceled for a reason I can't remember and decided to have dinner at the resort.   We ended up loving Boatwright's.  (Especially the cornbread.  It really made an impression on me.)

Sadly, for the third time, we were forced to cancel Cali Grill for the 3rd time.  
 
Poor us.

However, we did feel like Evie was well enough to cross the bridge at our resort and dine at Boatwright's.  In our experience, we've only had trouble getting reservations once and that was many moons ago on our Honeymoon.

Before dinner we had a little photo session outside our room.



This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip.  I love that Gregg caught me in a 'mama moment'.

These pictures break my heart.  Evie was so little here!
 


Ahhhh...  my beloved cornbread.  It's sweet and fluffy and exactly how cornbread should taste.


Gregg had the prime rib with red wine Demi-glace with Yukon gold potatoes, watercress and balsamic vinaigrette.
I had a grilled pork chop with Amber Ale Barbecue Sauce, Cheesy Grits, and Onion Rings

I'm almost positive that Belle had pizza, which is why I did not take a picture.  It was pretty much all she ate the entire trip.

For dessert she had a sundae.


I ordered creme brulee, which is my favorite dessert in all of WDW!


We returned to the room early and let Evie rest.  She was starting to feel much better.


Without knowing it, Gregg and I both snuck Valentine's in to our suitcases for one another and the girls.  We exchanged Valentine's before bed.  Such a dear memory for me.


Things were starting to take a turn for the better.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you too girl!! We do need another Disney dance party - it was so much fun hanging out with you and Belle at the MK!

    ReplyDelete