Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Totally Trippin' Tuesday... Mouse Day

Finishing up our 1st Disney Day-

We were one very excited family on the Disney Bus. Gregg and Belle were sporting their 'Mickey Gear'.

I always imagined that Belle would have a fantastically dramatic reaction to Cinderella's Castle.

Not so much....

I think she was very overwhelmed.

She had one thing on her mind and it was The Jungle Cruise. Gregg was sure it would scare her and thought we should head to Fantasyland, instead. I was too caught up in the moment and steered us straight into Adventureland.

We decided to ride Aladdin's carpets first to give her a chance to warm up to the rides.


It was a hit! She loved moving our carpet up and down and dodging the spitting camels. (Don't worry, they just spit water.)

Next up.... The Jungle Cruise.


This did not get a good reaction. She was terrified! Unfortunately, it set the tone for the rest of the trip in regards to the rides.

To lighten up the mood, we got in line to meet Aladdin and Jasmine. (That set the tone for character meet and greets, which were all the rage this trip.)

By then it was lunch time. We walked towards Fantasyland and had lunch at our favorite place in Magic Kingdom.

Oh, what I wouldn't give to eat there right now....

As you can see, they serve chicken (strips) and fish&chips. They also serve sandwiches, which is why we love it! The tuna sandwich is the best I've ever had, but the real star of the show (in our humble opinion) is the Lighthouse Sandwich- broccoli slaw, hummus and a tomato. I know it sounds scary, but trust me.... it's a must try.

My only goal for our first day was to meet our fellow Louisianian's Tiana and Naveen. They are Belle's favorite and she had been carrying her Tiana doll around for days.

It was getting pretty hot at that point, so we decided to call it an afternoon. We headed back to the resort where Gregg and Belle went for a swim and took a nap. I was much to excited to nap, so I explored the resort.

I planned on relaxing at the resort that night, but to other part of my family decided that we needed to go and meet the mouse. We decided that Epcot would be the destination for that evening.

It was everything we could have hoped for! Belle was over the moon and not the least bit shy.

Then, things took a turn.....

I worked at Disney for a while. I know Disney crowds. It takes a lot to get me flustered. However, there was a cheer competition at Epcot that night and the World Showcase was elbow to elbow packed. We were starving and couldn't find a place to eat. Finally, we found an empty seat in the Chinese pavilion and had dinner there. Not our favorite, but it tasted delicious that night. Needless to say, we were done after a quick dinner. We couldn't get out of there fast enough!

Goodnight Epcot!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment